Thursday, August 9, 2012

Rite of Passage?!!

Well I've putting in the miles for months now and really feeling better and better as time goes on.  Sure I've come across a few little glitches with tight calves and achilles, etc. but nothing that demanded I get off the horse and go sit in the barn.  Until now....

What appears to be my IT band is causing the craziest pain in my knee.  I am not going to get into the details of what it feels like but it hurts.  Bad.

I am not going to carry on about how bad this sucks and all--no, I just wanted to note that this injury, according to many in the tribe of distance runners, marks a "rite of passage".  I've graduated, I've completed my Vision Quest, I've been "winged", I've been Confirmed and what is my reward?  ITBS:  IT Band Syndrome, IT Bull Shit.

Hopefully I will recover quick and get back to occasional posts that involve running here and daily entries to the log.  Until then you will find me off in a corner doing this: http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=6099&PageNum=1

No comments:

Post a Comment